Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Vaz and the mobile phone masts

From the Leicester Mercury, Mr Keith is renewing his attempts to control siting of mobile phone masts. There was something of a controversy on Goodwood Road, planning permission for the 15 metre high O2 mast was denied but when the council failed to notify them within the set period O2 were free to set up the mast.

Mr Vaz said: "Since my last bill there has been a considerable growth in the number of masts in Leicester and in particular I was horrified with the Goodwood Road situation.

"I would wish the law changed to avoid phone mast companies taking such advantage again so I have added an amendment to my original bill."

Further he is calling for a ban on masts being built on highways authority land.

The whole phone mast issue is a contentious one. Any opinions, comment below...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?